Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: On to 2018-19
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 10:50 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Some of that is brand name......but an excellent point all the same. Does Wake Forest get a #2 with the exact resume, exact wins, exact computer #'s, and exact margins of victory?
I'm not sure but I feel like they got a pretty generous seed.

I think the issue for Dayton going forward with this is going to be exempt tourneys. North Carolina with some good wins in conference and a pedestrian ACC record got a 2 seed. Syracuse's best OOC win was Buffalo and they finished 2 games under .500 in ACC play and made it in the tourney.

They go to 20 games the season after next, what incentive is there for an ACC to team to do anything but play it safe with the Big 10/ACC challenge & maybe 1-2 more tough OOC games.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we're gonna see more Big 10/ACC schools do what Indiana did this year and play an exempt tourney at home against cupcakes. Starting to see this now with teams moving to this tourney's like preseason NIT where it's 4 good teams and each team gets two buy games before playing 2 games against the good teams in the field.

3-4 years down the line I could see the tourney's Dayton is playing in having fields more like the Charleston Classic this year