Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 10:46 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,872 Times in 6,979 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Correct call: Over-and-Back. Why? Because a UD player caused the ball to pass behind the midcourt line and into the backcourt.

The Rule changed this year to - in simple terms that even John R could understand - no longer rely on 'possession' but to now rely on 'team control'. Touching the ball constitutes 'team control' and is why if a ball glances off a 'red' player and goes OB, the inbound goes to 'white'.

There are exceptions to this rule (jump ball, inbound passes...) but none apply here.

FWIW, I blew this call last week in a varsity scrimmage and was corrected between quarters. I went home to re-read my manuals and ref magazines and coincidentally as well as to my disbelief, the situation was described on the last page of my Referee magazine...so yes, the King was wrong...or was I? I mean, it was only a scrimmage...
tirebiter (11-29-2017)