Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
You can't tell me UD can't buy custom made uniforms. I was a high school athletic director for 11 years and if we wanted to pay the high costs we could have had custom uniforms made to our specs.
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Nike is UD's only vendor to choose from so it's not like they can go order some custom ones from Speedline or somewhere else. They have to pick from what Nike offers them based on their level in the Nike hierarchy. UD is not at the level of teams like UNC, Zona, or even Xavier who all have custom Nike uniforms. UD has to have more sustained tournament success to uniforms that aren't in the catalog. Just watch games this week and see how many Nike teams have the exact same base uniform as UD. I know VCU, SJU, and Fordham have them just in the A10
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Then my high school must have been on those schools level because we used Nike to get our uniforms and again we could have had ours custom made if we wanted to pay the price to do so.
How long ago was this?

All those uniforms listed in the first section are technically custom uniforms. A school can letter, number, and use whatever color combination they want, but the templates/base designs in that catalog are what they have to choose from. A school can't just draw up a base uniform design thats not in the catalog and have Nike make it.
Here is a link to the Nike page where you can build/mock up uniforms. They don't have the 2017-18 ones there yet though. The ones UD has this year are the "Arizona" Digital Hyperelite Disruption ones.

https://niketeam.nike.com/en/en_US/?l=shop

Edit:

And BTW does anybody like any of the uniforms from the 17-18 catalog? I think we all want readable numbers but which template design do you like the best is the main question.
C-Time is correct, UD is wearing custom uniforms and have for awhile. He is also correct that UD is not a Nike Elite school, so they do not have the ability to create totally custom uniforms, they have to create uniforms from a set of templets. But once they start changing colors, adding logos, using their own font, and making small changes, the uniform is "custom." I am pretty sure these would be the same "custom" uniforms that you would have been paying for as a HS AD. As far as I know, no HS has a deal that would allow them to make totally custom uniforms.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (03-07-2017)