Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 01:30 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,454 Times in 1,812 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
I've heard it explained that Brexit should never have been put to a referendum because it's absolutely impossible for voters to understand the consequences of what they were voting for. Since the vote the UK has been tearing itself apart trying to deal with the consequences of the vote.

Along those lines, last night on Fox I heard Robert Lighthizer, Trump's trade rep, explain the details of the new trade agreement with Mexico. He was thorough, detailed and persuasive explaining the benefits for the U.S. as well as Mexico. I did not understand much of his explanation...but he was impressive and I was encouraged.

This morning the Wall Street Journal editorial board ripped into the terms of the new deal, explaining why it is much worse than NAFTA which was of great benefit to all three countries involved. I didn't understand the details of the WSJ position either...other than it was the exact opposite of Lighthizer's. Bloomberg also ripped into the new deal.

Bottom line: Some things are just too complicated for digestion by laymen. One thing I do understand. Lighthizer and the Journal can't both be right. Maybe reality lies between their opposing views. But, there's no way laymen are going to be able to develop a sound opinion on their own.
The best way for a layman to understand the new agreement is to let the experts decide. In other words, follow the money, and the money is making the market go UP!