Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 08:56 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,360 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
A bunch of people on here have been dogging Kostas about how he has no chance at all to get drafted. The ESPN and nbadraftroom.com mocks have proven all of those people to be wrong.

He might not get drafted, but there is at least a possible, quantifiable chance that he does get drafted, according to some draft experts.

And most/all of those people that are dogging him are just p*ssed that he left after only 1 year. It's just sour grapes.
I for one will always be thrilled the day any Flyer in any sport gets drafted into professional sports. However, I want it to be for how the player represented UD during their time as a student-athlete. Thus Kostas falls short. I’m sure he’s a likeable young man. But he also showed an embarrassing amount of immaturity during his time on the court at UD. And, apparently even more immaturity in his effort to attend class and do what’s required to maintain the PRIVLEDGE of being a Flyer. So I have two comments.

1. How many of these authors of pre-draft articles have ever seen Kostas play or looked into anything he did at UD or called up CAG and asked about his talents?

2. How many of you will be proud of the PR for UD if Kostas continues his embarrassing antics on the court as a pro player every time he fouls and gets called for it? For this reason alone I hope he starts in Europe.

I strongly believe college students have the right to fail. For me the title of “student” is all about figuring life out including the hard lesson of failing. I hope the two years Kostas spent at UD has taught him some life lessons. Unfortunately his ACTIONS, including those that resulted in him leaving UD (academic requirements) makes it hard for me to buy into he will be a good embassador for UD. I hope he proves me wrong for the benefit of all parties.

It’s a shame Kostas didn’t stay at UD one more year. I believe it would have made a world of difference for him as a young man 1) preparing to face what the world will throw at him. 2) as a basketball player preparing for a pro career. 3) As an embassador for UD. 4) solidifying true life-Long friendships with his UD teammates. And finally 5) It would have helped UDs program. And yes, the programs benefit is really fifth on my list.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (05-17-2018)