Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Now you are just f'n with us. You would not let the dead horse die because UD did not replace Archie with one of his assistants even though it was pretty clear to those close to the program that none was right for the job but now the URI is going to name their top assistant as HC, you are thinking they should be looking outside. Next thing you know, URI is going to show a 15/15 schedule and you are going to suggest that they should be playing more home games.
No, I am OK with them hiring Cox, but I would like to know who else is interested. If there is somebody great out there that is interested, then I might want them instead, there is no sense in boxing yourself in.

The process of replacing Hurley might go very quickly. Wright State, several years ago, named Donlon as hc 1 or 2 days after Brownell left, which was a mistake IMO. They should have left the job open for a week or 2 to see who else was interested.

I think it is probably a mistake for any school to just immediately name one of the assistants as the replacement.

I would have also been OK with hiring Dambrot or maybe Amaker, to replace Archie. I never saw much chatter about candidates, other than the list Mark Adams put out.

And we do not even know if Dambrot and/or Amaker were interested.

I just did not like the Grant hire.

And so what if people on here did not like one of Archie's assistants to be the guy, it is not like people on here are infallible. Everybody on here was behind the BG hire, and look how that turned out. BG was hired prior to my joining this board.

Adams' list:

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showth...ams#post534855

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=60

Last edited by ud2; 03-22-2018 at 11:00 AM..