Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 08:35 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
The junior class was indeed a disaster this year. I am hoping Ryan Mikesell can come back strongly next year. John Crosby is talented but makes horrible decisions with the ball in his hands - a critical failure for a point guard. X was a complete failure in his junior year after such a good sophomore year. Actually, I am happy that all five of the players have decided to move on. The only one who had the potential to start next year was Kostas, and he just didn't want to be in school. I am looking forward to a hoard of new players next year who buy into Anthony's ideas of work and accountability.
Totally agree. I was not even enamored with X overall even a year ago. Yes, he hit some very big shots but he was very soft in the post and terrible defensively outside of coming over from the weak side at times to block some shots. I was hoping he'd improve but obviously the back issue early on (if that was really even the case) forced him to miss 5-6 games and then from there on out it went downhill.

Missing Mikesell was huge......I thought he could have been that guy they ran alot of offense thru ( a very good passer) and the guy that flashed in the paint against zone defenses.......Add in a new coach/coaching staff with a new system and it's really amazing that people expected much more...I think it's all perception vs. reality...People don't get emotional talking about player A or player B making mistakes before they make them (as in off season discussion) but seeing them make them during real games they lose all sense of rationality....

Last edited by steve; 03-23-2018 at 08:40 AM..