Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 05:42 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
We have put plenty of players out there to defend the post that were under 240.

What if I told you Devin Oliver was coming back this year to add some post defense. Would that make you happy? He's listed at 6'8" 224 pounds. Toppin is 6'8" 220.

I have a hard time believing that 4 pounds is the difference between being OK and a failure of a season.

Yes - Oliver was a seasoned vet who used his brain as much as his body, but give Obi a chance to learn.

That says nothing of guys like Keith Waleskowski (6'9" 230), Yuanta Holland (6'7 225), Devin Searcy (6'10" 230), Josh Benson (6'9" 228), Dyshawn Pierre (6'6" 230), and Josh Cunningham (6'7" 233) who were asked to defend the post for some or all of their career who, by your definition, would be too small to do it.

Heck, even Nate Green, who was 245, but only 6'6" was a beast in the post.

OK people - I need some help. Other post players over the last 15-20 years who were under 240. I'm sure I'm missing a few.
If I remember correctly Don Donoher personally worked with Yuanta Holland between his junior and senior year to greatly improve his post moves and improve his rebounding. I am sure that he would be willing to make himself available again for Obi and Frankie if AG chose to go that route.

Irv Giddings didn't weigh near 240 lbs. but he is the only one I could think of.