Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 05:41 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Zach Collins of Gonzaga was the 10th pick in draft last year and he average 10ppg off of the bench. There's a bunch of examples of teams drafting of potential, just look at virtually every high school that was drafted.

Giannas averaged 9&5 for a Greek 2nd division team when he was drafted.

His athletic ability is unreal for a guy who's his size. That is a very rare trait and why he's going to the combine.

Duke and Kentucky can't find those guys let alone Dayton.

From the 60 Minutes interview with Giannis, the family grew up in poverty and considering Giannis was working at young age I'd think its reasonable to assume Kostas didn't grow up going to school. He comes to America as a junior in high school and goes to college not having English be his primary language. I can have some sympathy that he didn't like the school part of college basketball. Even with academic support I'm sure it's not easy trying to go college when English isn't something you grew up speaking. That's a tougher transition than I think many realize
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (05-07-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-06-2018), ruechalgrin (05-07-2018)