Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 09:48 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PalmBeachFlyer View Post
I would think it would be easier to recruit really good players with the promise of 25 to 30 minutes a game.
I personally think AG & Company are doing a great job going after every recruit they think can help UD. Based on what’s been reported, I think AG is much more aggressive with higher ranked recruits than AM was while at UD.

All that said, until we consistently win the A10 and make it to the second and third rounds and beyond in the NCAAs, there will continue to be “diamond in the rough” guys on our roster. Players that have huge upside that will benefit from Dayton’s program and become key contributors in their third and fourth years. A redshirt year will always be an option for these players.

There are strong argument for and against using redshirts, but programs that manage ALL tools at their disposal can use the redshirt option to build very successful teams. I’m a fan of the redshirt if it’s managed and I believe AG knows what he’s doing in this case. He certainly knows who is in his pipeline and the probability of who will sign and who probably won’t. I trust Frankie fits into the future.