Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 11:25 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,993 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
The tagline of the Brian Gregory era
OK, so who here thinks Anthony Grant is Brian Gregory 2.0? I, for one, do not. Here are my specific reasons why I think not:

One hallmark of the BG era was hockey-line substitutions. In contrast, AG rarely substitutes more than 2 guys at a time, and often only brings in 1 guy at a time. I prefer the AG approach, because it breeds continuity.

Another trademark of the BG era was the almost-constant directing from the bench. BG seemed to try to control every movement of every player all game long. Again in stark contrast, AG says very little while the ball is in play. I again prefer the AG approach because it allows the players to keep their focus on the court, and not be distracted by the yelling from the bench.

I could go on, but suffice to say I don’t believe we’re taking a long-term step backward to 2006.
Posted via Mobile Device