Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 10:37 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
OMG I LOVE YOU PEOPLE ! YOU KEEP PROVING MY POINT !, so I started and stopped at Daniel, first of all he is a grad transfer which is no where near what were talking about but anyhow he averaged 6 points a game, yes I said 6 points a game, if you call that a major impact player then yes I am crazy, 6 points per game and you wanna say "start with him"
Your point?? Nobody can figure out what your point is anymore, because it's changed so many times since your first ignorant post. Your initial post was that programs like UD do not recruit/consider transfers from Kennesaw State. You suggested there was no benefit and that we shouldn't be wasting our time. That point has been clearly proven ridiculous, as it's evident that transfers from bottom tier programs can be significant contributors at Top Tier programs.

Then you changed it to bottom 30 programs, Then it changed to bottom 20 programs. Then it changed to bottom 20 programs and they had to be studs after they transfer. Oh, and it can't be a grad transfer now either.

And I grabbed those 8 names on a very quick 5 minute glance thru the 2017 transfer list. There could very well be another half dozen that are similar.

For the record, Kennesaw State's RPI was 301, not even putting them in the bottom 50 programs. The year before that, they were 259 (ahead of Duquesne who you suggest is not bottom tier). And 263 the year before that.

Re: Daniel III, I would say he had a decent impact. And he did this on a team that won 26 games, tied for 1st in the SEC, earned a 3 seed in the dance and was a Sister Jean prayer/bounce on a buzzer beater away from making their own Final Four run. And you don't think a player like Daniel III could make an impact on the 9th best team in the A10? Are you really that oblivious?

Re: Duquesne not being a bottom tier program, their RPI was 260 plus the last two years. That's garbage, no matter how you spin it.

Re: Koulechov, I noticed you didn't reference him, probably because he was a "stud" for the Gators this year.

Also, I don't believe a single poster suggested the kid from Kennesaw State would be "stud". the comment was, "would be a nice get".

I will agree with you that Dayton is not going to find the holy grail of recruits by scouring the transfers of the bottom 20, 30, or 50 programs or whatever number you feel like plugging in there. But your first post was that we shouldn't even be considering a kid from Kennesaw State, regardless. It's that kind of arrogance, stubbornness, and narrow minded thinking that can kill programs and companies alike. It's clearly proven that kids like that can make solid contributions to Top 50 programs or help a program that's rated somewhere between (50-100) make a move into the Top 50, which is probably where Dayton actually is right now (50-100).

So after 6 posts, you finally managed to massage your parameters to the point where it's impossible to refute your point. Perhaps you feel better about your place in the world of internet board insignificance, but what you lost through all that was that your initial perspective and philosophy re: this topic/recruit was WAY off base. That point is undeniable.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
steve (04-11-2018), TXFlyerFan (04-11-2018)