Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 07:12 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
I've been thinking about that last play of the Mississippi State game where the opposing team's guard got a break-away. He charged down along the sidelines in front of the benches and coaches on his way to a layup basket to win the game.

I had a deja-vu moment. I remember in a similar circumstance where Jerry Tarkanian, the head coach for UNLV, threw his towel at the player causing him to be startled. He traveled with the ball. There was no score. They called a technical on the coach.

I also remember a University of Houston game of similar circumstances and Guy Lewis, head coach, did the same thing.

Perhaps, we need to encourage Anthony Grant to carry a towel at all times, just for that situation. It would be an inappropriate question to ask Grant what he would have done. I am sure that both Tarkanian and Lewis will say that it was an inadvertent action but I have always wondered about that?
Posted via Mobile Device
Or we designate a player to loosen his shoe laces, have his shoe, um, "fall off" in the middle of the court where it could be deemed "dangerous" ... so the refs will stop play and make the opposition inbound the ball. We had the perfect officiating crew Sunday night to make that happen!
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (12-06-2017)