User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crutcher
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 04:37 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Crutcher really struggled in the first half of the season to get into the lane and either penetrate/dish or go rack and finish. Crosby was inserted in these situations when we were too perimeter-oriented and needed some dribble-drive in the paint.

In the last 7-8 games, Crutcher has gotten much better -- perhaps just from all the playing time and the natural progression of getting more confident. Whatever the reason may be, he's doing exceedingly well at dribble-drive in transition beating guys downcourt for tough dipsy-doo layups.

Based on what I saw against VCU, we were most dangerous letting go of the reigns on this kid and letting the sled dog run. He was running past 3 VCU players in transition -- and he was dribbling and they were not. VCU is not a good defensie team this year. That's part of it. But whether it was jail-break basketball or baseball passes, Crutcher seemed to be as happy as a husky in a snowbank to just play reaction basketball and not have to overthink things.

Given our lack of depth, not sure it changes the trajectory this season. But in the next couple seasons I think we can play fast with this kid. REAL fast. I did not think he would make this level of improvement in year one -- I have to be accountable for that.

I dont want to over-step things the other way too much though. He, like everyone not named Josh Cunningham, has a lot of things they can improve on and will need to improve on.

Grant was hired March 30th. McKinley Wright decommits. He gets a commitment from Crutcher on May 9th. Basically a month on the job. He was probably still living at the UD Marriott making phone calls with paperwork spread all over the bed.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (02-11-2018), Fairborn Fan (02-11-2018), Flyer 86 (02-12-2018), Flyer69ers (02-12-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (02-12-2018), MNFats (02-11-2018), The Fly (02-11-2018)