Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crosby?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 11:55 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I strongly disagree with AG's decision here. This is exactly the sort of overreaction we see from reactionary fans on this board all the time. "Bench him, he's terrible, kick him off the team!!"

Crutcher might be better in the long run, and he might be better right now. But what AG did last night was to create a self-fulfilling prophesy.

In a game where the team had almost 20 TO's you take the 1 guy who has actually shown a propensity for hanging on to the ball and playing good defense and told him "go get us something to drink water boy, make yourself useful."

JC may not recover from this. Which all you JC haters will enjoy. . . until we get in foul trouble or heaven forbid Crutcher gets injured. Then when we lose 12 games in a row you should all blame AG, not Crosby.
Did we watch the same game? Crutcher had a stat line of 15pts, 6rebs, 2assts and 1 TO in 34minutes of playing. If Crosby put this line up it would be his best game of his career, and this was Crutchers 6th game. Should we have played Crosby more so his feelings wouldn't get hurt?

This was the second game in a row we got off to an atrocious start with Crosby at point. Down 11-2 with Crosby in. Switch to Jalen and we are up 15-11. Crosby subs back in at 10:42 when its 15-11 and goes out at 8:46 when we are down 17-20. You said you want good defense and someone who can hold onto the ball? Let's do that math real quick...Crosby finished the game at a plus/minus of -16 and Crutcher finished at -4. Crosby played 8min and Jalen 34. Each 1TO.

I am not a Crosby hater, and I don't think Crutcher is the second coming of Christ either. I do however think Crutcher is very good and will continue to get better, and he gives us the best chance to win. He's a freshman who will make mistakes. But from what I've seen, he makes less mistakes than the junior who has been around for a couple years. I would've liked to see Crosby come back in the 2nd half even if it was just 3minutes, because at times Jalen looked exhausted. But 1TO and -4 when your team has 19TO and loses by 13 isn't bad in my book, so maybe he's better conditioned than we think.

I am a fan and proud alumni who wants to win games. I don't think AG is on a self fulfilling prophecy -- I think he too is a proud fan and alumni that wants to win games. Difference is, he is getting paid to do it. Crutcher is our best bet and I think he starts Sunday.

Last edited by 224; 12-01-2017 at 12:01 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-01-2017), Radar (12-01-2017), shwag33 (12-01-2017)