Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crosby?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 01:15 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
First let me say that I am very glad to have both of these guards on our team. We definitely need them both. Jalen shows a lot of poise for a freshman but i think most on this board will be patient with any mistkes he makes because obviously he’s just getting started with his career. He is off to a very good start- i am really happy for him.

John is very talented and when he plays within himself- he looks very good. I think he may be trying to do too much when he feels the need to step up and sometimes this leads to the bad plays. Keep in mind- Scooch got the majority of PT the first 2 years of Johns career- so I don’t think he got he same opportunities of development normally given. My personal feeling is that if John tries less to take it all on his shoulders and trust his teammates- just makes solid plays- all of his numbers will improve. I think he’s putting a lot of pressure on himself.

There are a lot of new faces playing with really only 2 solidily experienced upperclassmen. I am not expecting a sweet 16 run from this team but i do believe by end of season - you will be seeing a completely different functioning team.
Posted via Mobile Device
Crutcher almost had 2 more turnovers, one on that VERY FUGLY out of bounds in bounds pass, and another during action i can think of. He got a respectable 15 and 5 boards in a SLOPPY Game by all. He's very sloppy with the ball and will get bunches of TO's if that continues.

That said, he's somewhat better than Crosby as he brings different energy and long arms into the mix. Frankly, i think DD will get some time at PG until one or both of these guys can get things more respectable.

Shooting a 3 up by Crutcher within 5 seconds is not what we need. We need ball movement to the foul line, as many have mentioned. Someone needs to be that Pierre type of player in the middle, who can swing the ball from middle (Svoboda? Kostas? Landers? Josh?) and get the ball moving through the zone.
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (12-01-2017)