Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 03:18 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
It may have been a big reason, but lets not act like if I changed my last night to Jordan I'd get drafted anytime soon. There are a ton of players who put up much better numbers, for much better teams, but many of those players don't have the length, athletic combo to succeed in the NBA at any point.

Odessa Junior College has 3 guys on the roster 6'11" or taller.

Now, I'm not saying any of the 3 have the length / athletic combo. I'm saying it ain't THAT hard to find length / athletic combo when you have the whole world to pick from, and you're only searching to 2 attributes.

If you want length / athletic / strong / can shoot / can avoid fouling once a minute, it gets much harder. If you think you can teach shooting and defense to KA but can't compensate for someone else's athletic ability who can shoot, I'd say KA is a perfectly good draft pick.

I'm not rooting against him (I'm indifferent), but he's got a long way to go.