Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 12:55 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
But the real question involves the officiating! Were there any complaints about them??? I'm guessing 'no'...30 point wins typically means the refs were fair.
One very big time complaint!

Second half- Obi got absolutely hammered on an attempted dunk - knocked him to the floor. So hard that a flagrant 1 review would not have been unwarranted. AG was incensed - as he should have been. As the ref goes by Grant he T's him up. Grant goes ballistic. Assistants hold him back for nearly a minute.

My complaint - and this happens far too often. The ref obviously blew the original call. So why do refs compound their mistake by hitting the bench with a T when everyone in the house knows they already screwed up once. This is when "referee discretion" says give the coach a bit of latitude because I know I missed the call. I can accept missing the call, but the ref needs to leave the T in his pocket in this situation.

A good ref would wait for the next timeout and quietly go over to AG and say - There was contact. Call could have been made, but I left it go. Simple enough and everyone would understand.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-05-2018), longtimefan (12-05-2018), San Diego Flyer (12-05-2018), T-Bone 84 (12-05-2018)