User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Exhibition Game
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Exhibition Game

Exhibition game. Hard to see what regular season game conditions might be like. UD was much taller than Capital. I saw some good things tonight however I was very, very disappointed in the defensive effort.

On the positive:
Mikesell is healthy and is as smart offensive ball player.
Toppin has springs and is long. He can dunk and block shots.
Matos lit up 3s in the second half. He looks like he can contribute immediately.
Others had good games as well. The offense could score a lot at times.
Some great dunks!

No way to sugar coat the defense. Granted, Capital played a 5 guard offense, but they shot lights out with open shot after open shot all night long. Their players can play in and out. At one point in the first half they were shooting 86% from the field.

The interior players, Cunningham, Toppin and Mikesell had terrible defensive games. They were beat time and time again. Again, they were covering shorter players in a guard offense that picked a lot, but everyone was beaten off the dribble or off picks. Capital had way too many clean, open looks.

D3 schools are often difficult to play because of their matchups, but I would like to see more communications and dedication to defense.

I am hoping that the defense will improve dramatically, but the holes were very evident. It is an exhibition game, but if the play D like they did tonight, they will repeat last year.

The sky is not falling, but there is lots to improve on defense.

Last edited by SeasonTicketFan; 11-02-2018 at 11:10 PM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (11-03-2018), Bat'71 (11-03-2018), JoeFlyer (11-03-2018), NYCFLYER (11-03-2018)
Advertisement