User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 08:50 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Pat Murnen’s defensive job on ND All-American Austin Carr was a thing of beauty
Posted via Mobile Device
I suppose this is a as good a place as any to put in a Pat Murnen story.

I was living at University Hall which was five miles off campus and arrived back early from Christmas break. The school was still shut down for Christmas because of the break. To pass the time I was out in the plane hangar converted into basketball courts shooting hoops alone in what can only be described as a refrigerator since the temp was well below freezing in the unheated hangar. In walks Pat who asks whether he can shoot with me. He had traveled the five miles from the campus because the fieldhouse was still closed.

It gave the nets a chance to get some use since I could not hit a basket to save my life. But it showed me just how dedicated the players were and Pat in particular. As fans we can sometimes be pretty harsh on some of the team if they do not perform to our expectations but we should be aware of their effort and dedication regardless.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to oldfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-09-2018), Jeff (11-09-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-09-2018), longtimefan (11-10-2018), shocka43 (11-09-2018), springborofan (11-09-2018), TXFlyerFan (11-09-2018), UDGutter2 (11-09-2018)