Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 02:43 PM
General

Thanked 3,924 Times in 2,156 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Chris, I tend to think you're right on this. This what popped into my mind

So there's 14 A10 teams and 11 in the MWC. Normally, I'd assume the bottom 3 projected A10 teams wouldn't participate. Could Neil tell the A10, Hey we want no part of this, take La Salle instead?

There's no telling where the MWC is when this starts. Odds are Nevada loses their coach and the fate of UNLV, New Mexico, San Diego State and other the historically strong programs there is up in the air

The one positive to me is that teams aren't stuck playing a team twice. If Dayton is back at the top of the conference and gets matched up with the top of the MWC it's possible this is a benefit. Let's say Boise State has a strong senior class but is going to rebuild after they graduate. UD can hopefully get them for the good year and avoid the rebuilding year which they couldn't do in a H/H series.

Is there a chance UD gets stuck with road games 2 years in a row and this throws off the predictability of scheduling other series? How does the travel and window of this challenge effect scheduling other series?

Probably a lot depends on how difficult scheduling is going forward. Auburn and Mississippi State series are up after this season. Next year is a clean slate on scheduling H/H series. That could be a tell about how difficult scheduling is going to be going forward