User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 09:44 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
It's a shame it's come to this.

I have experienced the situation at URI and it was pretty bad on a cold night. Later a tent-like arrangement was used to shield those waiting from the weather.

I noticed that UConn has just completed installation of barriers at all entrances to Gampel Pavilion so as to prevent a vehicle from being driven right inside the building. Actually, that is a significant risk. At Gampel (and perhaps at the Arena) a vehicle laden with explosives could be driven at high speed right into the building.

UConn's barriers are rather inconspicuous but clearly effective. About 20-30 feet from each entrance there are steel poles about 8" in diameter, waist high, and about four feet apart....nicely painted...and I presume filled with concrete. These barriers are new and will prevent vehicles from crashing through the entrance doors. I hope the Arena has such protection.
You’re a bit far away to make you a hat but I can probably have amazon deliver some Reynolds wrap to you