Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 09:42 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I really like Kostas and wish him well. I think his basketball saga is going to play out over many years and I will be following him and actually rooting for him.

But, his eyes were on a greater prize and it was evident from time-to-time in his season with us. Here is the proof:

Here at the NBA Draft Combine, Kostas Antetokounmpo says he “had it in my mind” at the beginning of the 2017-18 season to enter the draft.

-------------

We battled Florida to get him and we lost. We got him.
Don't disagree with you but there's lots of guys with even less of a skull-set/size/length than Kostas who have that goal. Not sure that really had anything to do with him getting his regular two fouls per game his first couple minutes he entered a game almost the entire 1st half of the season. That's simply a kid that hadn't played a college game ever, sat out around a 1.5 years, and was not ready for the speed/strength of the game.

The rest is just maturity which deals with him sitting and not getting frustrated which can affect the rest of his game......Not doing what a coaching staff tells you do do doesn't always mean he's arrogant, selfish with eyes on a bigger prize, etc. It means he needs to grow up mentally and physically and trust those around him. He simply was not ready early on.......Last third of the season or so we did see a different player.

This has nothing to do with him being ready to play in the NBA because he simply is not but that is not what the NBA is about.....As you, myself, and plenty of others have mentioned, it's about getting a kid in a system, working with him 24/7, and the potential.

Last edited by steve; 05-21-2018 at 09:45 AM..
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (05-21-2018)