Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 09:17 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Cant argue with the press clipping chops of Chase Johnson. Grant is definitely bringing in guys who were highly touted in HS that didnt get the PT they wanted at the next level or other reasons (injury) and want a reboot.

Remains to be seen if we're getting Sibert/Cooke level, or Hisle/Derenbecker level.

Neck issues and concussions scare the living daylights out of me. With the way team doctors pull the plug on kids with head/neck injuries, I fear another Ryan Bass situation. You're one knock away from having to quit ball altogether.

I like all these big guys. When the the Diesel (Cunningham), you're gonna need to make up for it. But we also need shooters. We shoot 30% from deep and Jordan cannot seem to calibrate the pistol. Who's to say Grant is done recruiting. Stuff happens in the offseason -- it always does. The Sinclair kid would definitely fill a need.

That we were actively recruiting a shooter and big guy at the same time tells me we may be looking at more than one guy to bring in. To just take "best available" and not address shooting -- hmm. Chatman is not a bad shooter, but not a sniper. Who knows on Ibi and he can be a Charles Cooke. Id like another shooter.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Sid Louick (01-07-2019)