Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the death of basketball

If you hadnt heard, the NCAA has formed a committee to look into the transfer rules for D-1. It came out this week that one of the changes that is being discussed is to allow D-1 transfers to be immediately eligible. That is, they would not have to sit out a year before playing.

Well this article looks at the likely negative effects it would have on the non-power 5 schools/conferences and they chose to use UD as the example in their look into the future. I have to admit, a scenario of players from small schools jumping at the chance to join a larger school came to my mind when I heard about it last week. But I think if players started moving upwards to the power 5 schools, then there will be less room for that current year's high school seniors and they would "trickle" down to the schools because the larger schools will have filled their rosters with transfers. If anything, it would create almost a minor league environment with players staying at smaller schools until they "prove" themselves and move up to larger schools. Neither scenario is optimal and it will be interesting to monitor what influence this committee has when decisions are actually made.
Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-11-2017)
Advertisement