Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: On to 2018-19
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 09:16 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,767 Times in 1,133 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I look at that April 4th bracketology less from the seeding stand point and more on the perception of the leagues and the scheduling implications.

The ACC has 11 teams in that projection. If I'm an ACC coach like Brad Brownell at Clemson and I've got 10 other potential tourney caliber teams in my conference and I'm going to play 20 games in league (I realize ACC isn't going to 20 till 19/20) there's no way I'm going to take many risks out of conference. ACC/B10 challenge which I have to play and South Carolina who I play every year. That's 22 games against high caliber competition.

The Dukes, UNCs and Michigan States will always set up a few high profile, made for TV OOC games. If I'm an Iowa, Clemson, Nebraska type mid level program in those leagues I'm playing a soft OOC and taking my chances getting victories in conference. .500 (10-10) in league play is going to be even more viable for an at large bid than 9-9. 2-3 quality opponents in OOC with 7-9 cupcakes thrown in.
That's a really good point about scheduling from the perspective of an average/below average power five school.