User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 10:42 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by UDDoug View Post
To me, at a glance, the quality of the exempt tourney looks weaker than the typical event.

The rest of the non conference schedule has no names that jump out. But the top to bottom level seems better than typical. Not out and out consistently bad teams. No VMI types.

I call it about a push. I don't think there are any one or two wins that will seal a bid with a decent record. As always, a bid is determined by finishing in the top 4 of the A10, or winning the A10 tourney.

Given the experience on the roster and the likely bumpy beginnings, I think the schedule is about right.
UDDoug: i concur with you. Grant is wise to not push his luck with a super competitive schedule with some big names this year. Grant is a new coach with new staff, new environment, new defense system, new offense system, large number of new players, etc. Grant is wise to not push this team too early. It's going to take some time. We'll need to build confidence, early. The A10 schedule will be tough enough. A roster without newcomers of Miller, Williams, Cunningham, Davis and Crosby will be challenged. The newcomers have got to give us a minimum of two starters. That is, i believe, at least, two of the new guys need to punch their ticket into the starting line-up. This year is a great opportunity for a new guy to get playing time unlike other programs or Dayton in other years. I propose that if two of the following are starters by A10 conference play then we will make it to the NCAA. That's my prediction. Two of the following: Kostas, Pierce, Svoboda or Crutcher. Otherwise, we are headed for the NIT, at best or more likely the CBI / CIT / V16.
Posted via Mobile Device