Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 10:21 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,736 Times in 1,010 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Much truth there, in that I think there is relatively little difference between 100 guys not getting drafted and the guys playing in the NBA except for desire and attitude. So, Giannis having the right work ethic and attitude makes him NBA first team, while another 6'10" guy with the same physical ability who is too much of a headcase to work hard is an assistant coach at a DIII school somewhere in Iowa.

But still, Giannis has a nice stroke. Kostas can't hit water from a boat.
I actually meant "Kostas" in my post so substitute/insert Kostas for Giannis....Stupid me..Still. I believe you probably know what I meant...

Just not sure what kind of stroke Giannis had at 18, though. The skinny body and high dribble were there just like Kostas. Still, there are plenty of guys who don't get drafted that aren't much different than those who are drafted/even playing with the big difference being the investment in that player by "said" team....Most of us can see a kid for the first time and see that barring injury he's either got the GAME to play professionally or at least the body/athleticism that projects down the road.....Watch that same player control a game defensively whether in the post or guarding the top players and along with the athleticism/ frame/length and he'll be 1st/2nd round pick or even watch a player handle/shoot/get to the rim along with the athleticism/frame/length and he'll also be a pick..

Being very young, being 6'10" with huge length and pretty darn good athleticism, and having a brother a top 3-4 player in the NBA allows the gene pool to have a say in being drafted..