Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
CvilleFlyer: i both concur and am distressed by your comment above.

On the Antwann Jones front, i concur completely. I do not know the player nor have i seen him play in person but of all the internet video that i have seen, the three players that impressed me the most were Cohill, Nelson and Antwann Jones.

On your comment about a hope for two freshman starting at guards next year, i am distressed. Whether you are foreseeing Cohill and Nelson as some dreamed or Cohill and Antwann Jones for next year, there is an undercurrent that is distressing. If it comes to next year starting two freshman at guard then you are predicting negative results from John Crosby this year and next year. That is distressing.

I have not given up hope on John Crosby. Key to this year is the play of someone at point guard. Crosby is our best, maybe only, viable candidate. If he succeeds then this team will be fine this year and next year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Buckleyma: Concerned may be a better word for you to use rather than distressed because in no way was I referring to giving the keys from day one to two freshman next season. First of all, that would mean not only slighting John Crosby but Jalen Crutcher as well! Competition in practice is a good thing. It pushes players to become better. Even the coaches at the Power 5 or 6 conferences don't guarantee a starting position to their highly touted recruits!

I am sure we would all agree that recruiting is the lifeblood of any program. That being said, most agree that the A-10 is a guard driven conference. Back in the summer of 2005, between his freshman and sophomore year, highly recruited Trent Meacham decided to transfer to Illinois which left UD with a shortage at PG. Senior Warren Williams was forced to run the show with assistance from then sophomore Brian Roberts who mostly played the 2 guard. The results were not good for that 2005-06 season. 14-17 overall and 6-10 in the A-10! UD vowed to never let that scenario happen again and so far it hasn't!

I hope John Crosby does well this season as well as Jalen Crutcher at PG. What is the saying, "It is what it is." I agree with San Diego Flyer that the PG position at UD may be by committee and many may have a role to perform for it to all come together.