Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: NEW ARTICLE: "From the Swamp": Five-Oh
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 07:04 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

[QUOTE=OregonMike;557190]Ahh, University Hall, aka “The Zoo.” I’m also remembering Animal House, but perhaps I’m confusing my time in Eugene, OR (UO) where that was filmed.

I’m told Don Navallo (Guido Sarducci) is a UH alumnus.

I arrived as a naïve kid from south Jersey in 1969. There were kids from other places that talked funny (Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Kentucky). They called rolls buns, and buns rolls, and what I called “soda” they called “pop.”

I’m surprised you (Swampy & friends) could get back alive after missing the bus. I can’t remember how many times the bus got rocked in the neighborhood near Dunbar.

Don’t no if Guido was a UH alum but he did graduate from Cleveland St. Joes.

I don’t know why you guys were having such a problem with the locals, I never did. In 1966 while sitting in the fraternity house and watching the 11 o’clock new we heard that a train had hit a semi caring pigs and they were trying to capture them. Sounds like fun so eight of us jumped in my Car and off we went. I ended up parking on the hill over looking the train and semi at west third St. Every time the wrecker tried to lift the truck a few pigs escaped.

Then the fun began...... they ran the gauntlet of the locals, close to 200 people young and old. I never saw so many knives, axes, ball bats, even a few swords, needless to say we just watched the fun along with police.