Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 11:58 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jaco2112 View Post
Interesting observation from last nights Cleveland game - Scoochie stayed on the floor when Colin Sexton was put back in the game, and still running the point. Could have been that Colin had zapped his funny bone earlier in the game, but nonetheless, it seemed like a positive for Scoochie. He's not been shooting, and in this scenario once you give the ball up, you rarely get it back, so that part of his game isn't visible. Some really great assists, though...and would be a lot more if the other guys could shoot..lol. Lots of "let me (try to) show my stuff" with some of his teammates... not much team play, although that's clearly what he's trying facilitate.
I watched much of this game on ESPN. The Cavs were down bigly and then made a run - actually took the lead by 1 - with Scooch on the floor running the point. I thought a key to the comeback was the defense being played up top by both guards. They were making entry passes difficult, keeping the opponent in front of them, and challenging the shooters. A couple of late defensive breakdowns and giving up some offensive boards cost them the game.

As noted, Scoochie was not shooting much but had some nice assists.
Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-09-2018)