Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,011 Posts
xubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
I was told something different. I was told that the Big East schools were under orders to not play A10 schools for risk of possibly losing to what they would consider an inferior league and hurting the league reputation. This is very, similar to why UD won't play Wright State regardless of RPI. (except that A10 RPI ratings are closer to Big East than Wright State is to UD).

X might indeed want to play, but I question that. If they did or do, I understand the league would not like or want it.

Playing/ not playing has lots of jockeying.
X doesn't want to play, and neither does Dayton from what I understand. At least not right now. No one from the Matta/Miller coaching family tree plays each other.

As far as the Big East being ordered not to schedule the A10, that is clearly not the case. This year Nova plays La Salle and Saint Joe's, Providence plays Rhode Island and UMass, Georgetown plays La Salle (albeit at a neutral site), and Saint John's plays Fordham. If they're under orders not to schedule the A10, then half the league is simply ignoring the order and doing so without consequence. I seriously doubt that's what happened.

Last edited by xubrew; 12-05-2016 at 03:21 PM..