Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 05:23 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
What?

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Oh I am sure it would be great for Mrs. Hurley and the kids to be living in Kinston or wherever they actually live while Danny is spending most of his time in Storrs. It would be a real pleasant experience going to the grocery store and school. Nothing would change. Everyone in Kinston would be so understanding that it is just business. Doing what is best for Danny and his family.
Where do you think Kingston is?

For many years Calhoun and later Ollie had an Assoc Head coach who commuted from RI to CT every day choosing not to move to CT. It's an easy 90 minute drive...longer than I would like to make; but definitely doable and preferable to pulling kids out of school with just three months left in the school year. Also, looking for a house in CT could be carried out in a less-than-rushed manner if he retained his RI home for a few months.

By the way, how much time do you think the wife and kids of a head basketball coach spend with their husbands/fathers during the season?

I have no idea (and neither do you) how significant factors like this are to the Hurley family...or to any coaches family. My guess is that more than a few wives are willing to make some trade offs for the life style that comes with a million dollar plus family income.

It has been rumored that the Hurley family prefers New England to other locations that have been mentioned. Soon we'll know.