Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 01:36 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,216 Times in 548 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by superfan99 View Post
Sports are best when there is a level playing field. The reason the NFL is so popular is because there is a salary cap, keeping teams relatively even. I'm not completely against some form of compensation, but it won't be as good of a product if you have teams paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to each player competing against teams that pay $50 and free dinner at the cafeteria.
I agree. Those who say the NIL won't kill college basketball are wrong, unless some restraints are put on it. Along with a salary cap, the NFL shares revenue really well and has the best teams play the hardest schedule. MLB does not share revenue well, and their salary cap is a farce. This has caused the big market teams to buy the best talent while the small market teams give up (the Reds). Attendance throughout the league has suffered. MLB will have to fix this situation, and the NCAA will have to address it also, the sooner the better. Obviously, as the schools cannot pay the players, revenue sharing will not be the issue, but some restraints will be needed. Until then, where do I send my check for the UD Collective?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (04-22-2022), superfan99 (04-22-2022), ud2 (05-04-2022)