Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 01:04 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
UD has trouble recruiting top recruits from high school. Why? Good question. UD has locked in some really good players only to have a big name school swoop in at the last minute and steal the prospect away. Ohio State, West Virginia, Cal, Kansas State and more have done that.

Now UD's strategy is to go after the transfer recruits who were disillusioned with what they were promised vs. their experience. Jordan Sibert was the first example. He did not cut it at first, so he was parked on the bench. Archie took Jordan and promised to develop him, nurture him. It worked.

UD went after Ibi Watson hard is what I understand, but Michigan swooped him up. Like Sibert, he was stuck on the end of the bench and disillusioned. Grant and UD promised to not give up on him and develop him. Could Jordy and Chase be similar patterns? I think and hope so. Those three if they develop could be among the top players in the A10 in the next two years.

For now UD strategy is to get rebound transfers. Some of these players can be top players in the A10.

It is frustrating to see Samari Curtis, Mr. Basketball in Ohio look at any and every program except UD.

I wish UD had a better name recognition among recruits to prevent the big school poaching. Meanwhile, I expect to see more wins based upon more good rebound transfers.
You're assuming we went after Samari Curtis with any vigor. I don't believe we did, and certainly not after he de-committed.
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
sheg (05-17-2019)