Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 10:17 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Response

Originally Posted by Lowd&ProUD View Post
I don’t agree with that and I don’t think the Commissioner of the American agrees with that. Not having an interest now doesn’t mean there’s no circumstance they ever would.

I think the far more likely scenario vs. UD taking on scholarship football again is that lower level D1 teams start dropping it. UAB dropped it, then brought it back. Which was the better decision?
Re the American, I didn't say "never", I said no chance other than a major shake-up altering the make up of the major conference landscape.

UD, a private school, will never again (this time I did say "never") play scholarship football. Note the special circumstances by which only two Catholic schools play FBS football.

Scholarship football is a money pit in which even members of Power 5 conferences lose money in spite of receiving many millions from TV contracts.

A few private FCS schools play scholarship FB.....they don't lose many million, just millions.

UD's model is close to perfect and with our highly unusual revenue from men's BB we are the envy of many similarly situated schools. We have one problem that we have been unable to solve for decades: Elevating the performance of men's BB on a consistent basis to a level commensurate with its revenue generation and facilities. For a few years recently we were pretty close to where we need to be. Hopefully Coach Grant will soon have the Flyers back on track.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
IAFlyer (05-23-2019), jack72 (05-21-2019)