Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Grant Took Responsibility

for the defeat based on poor preparation. He deserves the Sparky Anderson award for falling on the sword on behalf of his players. I certainly wish AG a long and successful career as the Dayton coach. I also trust his instincts. I do know this. The first semester final examination week for Freshmen is no joke. Their minds were anywhere but on hoops and for good reason.
This Dayton team should not be judged on their performance against Penn yesterday. They will play better hopefully sooner rather than later. I respectively offer some lessons learned from the game.
Kostas is not yet in the NBA where stars are given special treatment and players run their mouths to intimidate opponents and referees. He is a young Freshman on a currently bad Dayton team trying to get better. He needs a check up from the neck up and I trust AG will
respond accordingly. I believe Dayton is still a program where a Freshman who earns a technical foul will be given a seat next to the coach.
John Crosby and Matej Svoboda have earned more playing time. They are learning the value of the pass to the post. MS is highly skilled offensively but struggles in man defense on the perimeter. He can guard post players very effectively in man defense. Jordan Davis is a potential team scoring leader. He struggles in man defense guarding smaller quick players who can dribble to the hoop. Jalen Crutcher is the future of Dayton at PG and shows fine skills on both ends of the court. His quickness and scoring ability are fine and he can spell Crosby quite well. I like Lander's energy off the bench and replacing him in the starting lineup with a better shooter may solve the Dayton Slow Start Blues.
For now upward and onward. Good luck to all the students this week. Athletics awaits!
Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (12-10-2017)