Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 01:54 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? AG's job is not to coach to prevent criticism. It's not to cover his butt from criticism. Part of his job is to coach a team sensibly not desperately. Not using your bench in what is basically a fairly meaningless game at this point in a 50 minute game reeks of desperation. As far as I'm concerned especially this year, once you give up on your whole bench, you've given up on the season so what's the point?
actually, I can see an area where I can agree with you on, but not for the same reasoning...not giving up on the bench - if we are going to even consider doing something in the A10 tournament - if we want to be something more than a 1 and done, then we simply MUST have a bench.. yes, there will be a learning curve and some games will look dreadful, but haven't we already had games like that? we may lose by 20, but we have to get some minutes for Kostas and Svoboda, I agree... and X too - if he has some injury than that is different..

so, i think I see myself reluctantly agreeing.. Holy sxxt, I can't even begin to fathom the results but yes - we have to give our bench more minutes and I don't care how bad they are/inexperienced they are/slow to responding they are... peeps, I agree with Smitty - we gotta put em in.... if they are not injured, we gotta put them in... can't believe I just typed that and not deleting....

get in kostas and svoboda's faces and say "I believe in you. I need the players I saw on tape"... put them in, design some plays for them... coach them and don't just have them ride the bench... wow...

Last edited by steverino015; 02-04-2018 at 02:00 AM..