Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 07:03 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Kostas is in a unique position. Most players his age don't have the resources that his family has. Assuming his brother is sharing the wealth - and I have no reason to believe that he is not - then Kostas has what is sometimes called F.U. money. That resource will allow him to access whatever he needs to further himself in whatever career he desires. Although he had access to many of the same athletic advantages here at UD, academics (at least maybe a little) and a NCAA limit on coaching hours were somewhat restrictive.

Kostas' time here at UD did allow glimpses of his potential. NBA scouts saw that. They also saw his limitations. I don't begrudge his decision to leave UD for other opportunities. The only criticism I have - and Grant referenced that obliquely by expressing his surprise - was the decision to leave in the middle of the semester. I believe that will negatively affect our APR. I would have preferred that he finish out the academic year.

I believe Kostas biggest challenge is himself. He has yet to prove he has the desire and drive needed to excel. That being said, his brother made huge strides in a relatively short time frame. Perhaps Kostas will as well.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-18-2018), rollo (05-18-2018)