User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crutcher
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 04:50 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Crutcher

Although Crutcher is playing basically at the same offensive efficiency as Scoochie during his Freshman year, I am not seeing the development in three key areas. Still think Crutcher will be a very good player the next 3.5 years, but would like to see improvement: (1) 3 point shooting -- he is 15/60 on the year and his shot selection is poor to atrocious. Yet he has taken the 3rd most threes on the team behind Baby D and Jordan Davis. Today he took a 24-25 foot 3 with more than 10 seconds on the shot clock and Jordan Davis wide open if he takes one extra pass, an easy obvious pass. Scoochie only shot 27% from 3 his Freshman year but he only took 62 shots all year and his shot selection from 3 was materially better. Yes Crutcher is getting more minutes. I do not understand why he has the green light from AG -- I would put two constraints on him: shoot from 22 feet or less between 6-15 seconds on shot clock (don't shoot wide open with more than 15 seconds) or shoot any 3 with 5 seconds or less. (2) Crutcher uses his hands on dribble drive defense and either gets beat or fouls. I know coaches must be working on this with him, but very little improvement IMHO. (3) He is shooting between 5-10% on floaters this year acknowledging he made one in each of the last 2 games. The shot is the equivalent of a turnover. Ban floaters if more than 5 seconds on shot clock. Again shot selection issues.

Crutcher is shooting on almost 18% of possessions when he is in the game versus 18% for Jordan Davis who is Dayton's 1st or 2ns most efficient offensive player depending how you look at it (I would argue 2nd beyond Josh). Davis' effective field goal percentage of 62% whereas Crutcher at 40%. Crutcher has taken more shots than Jordan this year (would also like Jordan to be more aggressive).

Again, I think Crutcher will improve and be a very good point guard (not at the Scoochie level ever), but would like to see some improvement the 2H of season on these theee areas. Did not mention turnovers as this is normal for Freshman IMHO to have ups and downs and his assist to turnover ratio is actually good. His 5 turnovers today part of growing pains.

From my mobile so apologize for typos.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-06-2018), Jeff (02-08-2018), MNFats (01-06-2018), runnerup (01-06-2018)
Advertisement