Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 02:51 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Everything is always Archie's fault. WIDBA. When in doubt, blame Archie.
AM would've had to know he was leaving after the season to have that as his motivation not to let players develop. I doubt that very much while I believe he did know he'd be leaving within 2 years. I, who you know has been an AM supporter thick and thin, do believe he decided that his favorite class of seniors was going to determine their own fate and the others were there for injuries and breathers.

I personally feel that this dedication to his senior class was wrong, especially where Baby D is concerned. Since seeing his high school highlights and the day he stepped foot on the college court, I always believed he could be the player he is today. Actually better because if AM would've been fair to him, he might be even further along. I too thought Trey was getting the shaft a little also but not as much when you look that he was an only freshman tweener 11th on the depth chart. Heck, if the tragedy to Big Steve didn' thappen, he would've been 12th on the depth chart. Trey is now showing that if his development was hampered by so little playing time, it wasn't hampered by much.

I think the opposite happened with Crosby. Crosby was the one who needed to see less playing time in the grand scheme of things and could have been brought up at a slower pace had Khari Price stayed at UD, been senior during Crosby's freshman season, and did most of the playing during Scoochie's breathers. That just wasn't in the cards. Crosby was just not advanced or mature enough to be developed the way Scoochie was and probably needed to be 2nd PG off the bench rather than first his freshman season.

Last edited by Smitty10; 01-10-2018 at 03:00 PM..