Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 09:38 AM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Ball State has taken on a very difficult OOC schedule, @ UD, @ Okie, @ Oregon, @ Bucknell, @ Indiana St, @ ND, home vs Valpo, home vs the fighting Ray Harpers. 6 true road games (bucknell may not be any good, but its still on the road), plus a tough home game vs Valpo. Ball State's ability to help UD's resume was always going to reside in how they perform in the MAC. While they'll loss many of the games listed above, sneak out a few of those road wins, finish strong in the MAC and they'll finish the year up a top 70 rpi team and be a boost to UD's resume, if it should even matter if UD's resume is worth considering.

On a side note, I tuned in that game with around 12:30 to go in the 2nd half. While the game was already well out of hand, it was early enough in the contest that I suspect most people that showed up were still in their seats enjoying the butt whopping their team was laying out. Problem was, it appeared to be friends and family night in Norman, lots of empty seats. I realize the Sooners are working their way towards a Big12 title game in football and perhaps a football playoff appearance and national title, but I would have assumed their basketball program would have seen greater support on a wednesday night. Stark difference b/w the visuals of the UD home crowd vs the Sooner Home crowd.