User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John C. View Post
It seems that many of you believe that the only way you can win basketball games is to have some big guy stand in the middle and drop balls into the basket. We have heard this story over and over since the end of the season. If many of you had your way, they might as well not even play this season. This team will do fine witnout having a 6'10" guy in the middle. How much did having two guys that tall last year help us? You will see a much more athletic team this year that will play better defense and play with one mindset. Quit worrying about what you don't have and figure out how to succeed with what you do have.
I have perused the various threads and have not seen where anyone contends that the only way you can win basketball games is to have some big guy stand in the middle and drop balls into the basket. I would have thought I would have read it at least once if it is repeated over and over since the end of the season.

I have to believe that those who think we need a big man in the middle are thinking more of defense and rebounding but maybe you are right that it is the offense that they are thinking about I just have missed it.

Why build a strawman just to knock him down.