Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: On to 2018-19
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 11:34 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,993 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
It's always about speculation, so here's what I think the roster of scholarship players looks like for next year

Cunningham
Mikesell
Toppin
Crutcher
Jordan Davis
Matos
Cohill
Landers
Svoboda
Kostas

I think if Crosby had played today, he had a 50/50 shot at returning. I'm guessing by not sniffing the court, he's not coming back, leaving 3 additional openings.

Whether or not they all get filled is an open question, and if they do, by freshman, transfer(s) who have to sit a year, grad transfers, or jucos remains to be seen. One thing for sure, it will be an interesting off-season. I hope our "insiders" will have access to information that they can share along the way.
Good analysis, TxFlyerFan. My only difference of opinion is, I'm not 100% sure Crosby won't be returning next year. From what little I've heard, he hasn't had disciplinary issues since he rejoined the team last summer, and he has generally had a decent attitude (and yes, I know there must be some reason why CAG played Westerfield over him - I just don't know the exact reason). He just doesn't have the level of "game" to earn more minutes.

If he wants to come back next year (knowing his odds of earning more PT are extremely slim), and is in good standing with the University from both an academic and a disciplinary standpoint, and isn't causing the kind of problems that have been reported in the cases of Pierce and Williams, I don't think UD/CAG would yank the scholly from him. That is, unless they have 3 guys ready to sign-on-the-dotted-line for 2018-19, who are all good "fits" for the U and the basketball program.
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (03-08-2018)