Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 06:31 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
UD2 and OSU Flyer

You guys keep going on and on about how this is such a bad hire but have not given any names for who is the candidate that is so great that make you hate this hire? I would really like to see names. Every coach that has been talked about has flaws. There was not 1 big time coach out there. Don't get me wrong AG was not my first choice, but I am still happy, I think he fits the culture well. Let's see these perfect candidates that have no flaws at all.
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
This is a potentially disastrous hire in terms of failing to maintain our momentum.

I would give AG a very short leash.

There is no reason that he should not have UD back in the NCAAT by year 3 or year 4.

If UD is not back in the NCAAT by year 4, then I think UD should pull the plug and replace him and move on.

I am not in favor of giving him 6 or 7 or 8 years. We did that with BG, and things never got better.
And I think Neil should maybe be fired, or reassigned elsewhere, if this does not work out.

We just had our best coach in 30 years, and we went with an external guy, with a very sketchy track record, to replace him.

I am just stunned.
Seriously? He has made the NCAAT every year at OSU except for the last 2 and one other year, and he won the NIT in the other year. And he has 2 Final 4's and an Elite 8 there.

And he may get fired next year if he misses the NCAAT again.

The AD at OSU already had to issue a statement of support this year.
UD2, you are continuing to throw all this out without giving any real fact or substance to your argument and without offering any better choices. You just keep repeating the same things over and over again. If I tell my boss I hate his idea, I better have good reasons and good alternatives. Who was a better choice? Why do you continue to only look at his time at Bama and not what he did at VCU? What is so "sketchy" about his past? Has he already said he is against the 15/15 H&A schedule?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (03-30-2017), ruechalgrin (03-30-2017)