Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 07:35 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
In those days there were no message boards so there weren't hundreds of amateur experts calling for his scholarship to be pulled. He was an EE major who had close to a 4.0 GPA. I seem to recall that most people were more impressed by that than his on-court accomplishments. He was just an all-around great kid.

I don't recall anything ever said by the press/broadcasters about the fact he didn't put up spectacular numbers. Actually, I don't think Tom Blackburn would have permitted anyone to shoot that much -- he emphasized team play to the hilt. Keep in mind, also, that he played for a small high school and if he had scoring capabilities he was probably allowed to go wild.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sid Louick For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (02-14-2018), UD62 (02-14-2018)