Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 05:36 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
Avery played in the NBA. That's like totally different. Honestly, I think people are overblowing this NBA stuff. Anthony's background is a selling point. But kids aren't going to worship the ground Anthony Grant walks on because he was an NBA assistant coach.
And most recently he also coached in the NBA. Other than he was so short, I doubt any of today's recruits remember anything about him. It's still the connections to that gig that will get recruits excited. Avery is very good at leveraging that, even tho he has been removed from it for awhile. AG's pedigree is he is a very good recruiter. That was before he went to OKC 2 years ago. So now he also has the NBA connections all of today's recruits know the guys he's coached. I expect him to do very well in bringing recruits to UD.