Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 06:57 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerBob View Post
And the question Alex is “Why we need to be in a better conference”.
See, to me that isn't the question. If college basketball gets to the point that the power conferences control everything, I won't care if Dayton is in one or not, college basketball will be dead to me. The best part of NCAA basketball to me is that 100s of programs have the opportunity to get to the NCAA and do damage. They can dream of winning the whole enchilada though that never happens. Even we were seeing great things two years ago mainly driven off the potential of Big Steve.

Once you cut it down to 50 or 60 teams that can pick the best apples off the tree of the rest, I will quit caring and watching. And you know what? If the Flyers were in the Big East under those rules, they would be the bottom of the top and still have their best and brightest snatched away.