User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 07:29 AM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
That's me! Plus by ordering online I can find the cheapest price and I never have to drive to the store in the first place.

They get delivered to my door and then once I decide which ones fit I have 30 days to return the ones I don't want. It's pretty easy to stop at a UPS store or a post office in just normal driving within 30 days to drop off a package that costs me nothing to return
You are correct as this his how most people shop online and exactly why our once beloved Elder-Beerman is sinking fast. Two years ago I worked at Elder-Beerman's (Bon-Ton's) corporate headquarters in Moraine right when they were switching over to a more eCommerce model. EB came too late to the game. Bon-Ton built a slick state of the are distribution center in West Jefferson, Ohio in order to ship out online orders. Customers would order 3 different sizes of the same item, keep the one they liked and send back the two which they did not want at practically zero cost to them. If the returned items were once opened, due to regulations they could no longer be sold as new. Hence, EB would have to ship the items to a discount retailer and in some case clean the items first. This is why it is so hard for certain brick and mortar stores to catch up to Amazon as Amazon has greatly reduced their potential loses on items sold by having multiple distribution centers and selling their own "used" items.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (11-12-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (11-13-2017)