Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 02:02 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lowd&ProUD View Post
This has created an entirely different question for me.

When I said "face guarding", I simply meant you're not allowed to box someone out by facing them. (I get the feeling I may lose my Royal Kudos by admitting that.)

But the way I read the above means that I can't wave my hands in the face of anyone, ever. If a guy picks up his dribble, I'm not allowed to my put my hands in his face to block his vision? Isn't that done in every game like ... oh, I dunno ... a hundred times?
That's the only reason I responded to your post, that face guarding has a very specific meaning that I think confuses some people. I see coaching websites which talk about how to face guard players that have nothing to do with putting a hand in the face of the opposing player. You can wave your hands in the air as long as it is straight up and down. You just can't put them right into the player's face or extreme close proximity. It's a protective measure.